The University Policy on Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct is applicable to all students and the resolution process associated with the policy is managed by the Associate Dean of Students in the University for Disciplinary Affairs. There are both formal and informal options available within the resolution process.
The University-wide resolution process is:
- Compliant with applicable law
- Fair for those filing complaints and those responding to complaints
- Manageable for everyone involved in the process
- Trauma-informed, both in design and resolution
- Empowering to victims through outlining and enabling choice
- Centered on the University of Chicago community
Reports from the University of Chicago Police Department, area Deans of Students, College Housing, and University faculty, students, and staff about student misconduct will routinely be brought to the Associate Dean of Students in the University for Disciplinary Affairs for investigation and possible disciplinary action. Furthermore, the Associate Dean of Students in the University may open an investigation based on reports from third parties of arrests, citations, or other conduct from external parties. The incident report statistics for 2014-2015 can be found here.